Washington Chapter Health & Public Policy Committee
Co Chairs: Chris Wong, MD & Stephanie Fosback, MD FACP
The Health & Public Policy Committee (HPPC) has 20 members that meet quarterly to discuss policy issues and advocate for them through various efforts including speaking with legislators and providing education to Chapter members, policy makers, and the general public.
January 10th, 6-7PM via Zoom
WHERE THE COLLEGE STANDS ON KEY HEALTH POLICY ISSUES, NEWS AND RECENT POLICY CHANGES.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act – site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment – help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners – an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate – bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System – find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy – other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) – a repository of ACP’s current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.