Leadership Day on Capitol Hill
Leadership Day 2019
May 14-15, 2019
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington, DC
The 27th annual Leadership Day on Capitol Hill will be held on May 14 – 15, 2019 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, DC.
This two-day advocacy event is a great opportunity for the College and our members to increase our presence and bring visibility to issues of concern to Congress. As usual, there will be training sessions and briefings by congressional staff and key government officials and staff on Tuesday, May 14. Attendees will also receive a comprehensive orientation on ACP’s top legislative priorities. A special briefing for Residents/Fellows-in-training and medical students is also provided. Visits to Capitol Hill will take place on Wednesday, May 15.
This event is open to ACP members only. ACP members interested in participating in Leadership Day 2019 should contact their chapter Governor to let him/her know of your interest and to be included in the chapter delegation congressional meetings.
For more information on Leadership Day or to access reference materials from Leadership Day 2018, go to: https://www.acpservices.org/leadership-day/what-leadership-day. If you have further questions, please contact Shuan Tomlinson via email or at 800-338-2746, ext. 4547.
WHERE THE COLLEGE STANDS ON KEY HEALTH POLICY ISSUES, NEWS AND RECENT POLICY CHANGES.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act – site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment – help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners – an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate – bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System – find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy – other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) – a repository of ACP’s current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.