The Washington State ACP Health and Public Policy Committee’s mission is to:
- Advocate for policy changes that improve access, quality and effectiveness of health care for patients in Washington State
- Advocate for policy changes that enhance the practice of medicine for physicians, including physician wellness and the ability to deliver quality care
- Provide avenues for ACP members to network and increase advocacy skills
- Advance policy proposals for consideration at the federal level to the ACP Board of Governors
- Educate Washington State ACP members about ongoing ACP advocacy activities
The committee identifies priorities in state policy issues with chapter leadership. HPPC develops a legislative agenda and course of action. We meet monthly via zoom on the second Mondays of the month from 6-7 pm. If you are interested in this committee, please reach out to Executive Director Liz Truong, firstname.lastname@example.org.