Thank you to everyone that join us for our 2022 Spring Scientific Scholarship Day!
Thank you to all the presenters for a job well done!
Congratulations to our winners!
- Oral Abstract Resident Presentation: Priyanka Anand– Resident, UW – Online Patient Portal Use Among Marginalized Groups at a Safety Net Hospital
- Oral Abstract Medical Student Presentation: Pranav Mellacheruvu– Medical Student, Elson S Floyd College of Medicine- Transplanted Allogeneic Stem Cells Secrete GDF-15 and stimulate an Active Immune Remodeling Process in the Ischemic Myocardium
- Top Poster Winner: Hao Tong, Resident, UW- Care for Patients Receiving Comfort Measures Only: Experiences of Bedside Nurses
And a special thank you to our Expert Panel for giving their insights on how they have integrated scholarship into their career trajectory. Dr. Rachel Safran, Dr. Susan Merel, Dr. Anders Chen, Dr. Luke Wander, Dr. Somnath Mookherjee, Dr. Joanna Breems, Dr. Tony Gerbino, Dr. Nick Meo and Dr. Lonika Sood.
Virtual conference with pre-recorded posters and live oral abstract presentations.
The top 9 submissions will be selected for live oral abstract presentations, and then a selection will be made for poster presentations. The top three posters will also be featured during the live conference.
The top abstracts will be selected based on the logic of the project design, how clearly and succinctly it is explained and the significance to the fields of general internal medicine and medical education.
Expert Panel: Career Paths in Medicine and Scholarship
- The Top Place Medical Student and Resident Poster awardees will win $150!
- The Top Place Resident Oral Abstract awardee wins a trip to the National ACP Conference in 2023!
Free Registration and Event. Any questions please contact Whitney Wilkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you missed the any of the session presentations or would like to view the Expert Panel, the recordings are below:
To promote Research, Quality Improvement and Scholarship activities during training and an opportunity to present abstracts of your work.
We encourage all abstracts relevant to the field of Internal Medicine. Please note, however, that while the majority of abstracts at our fall meeting are Clinical Vignettes, for our SPRING SCIENTIFIC session, we only accept abstracts in the following categories:
– Scientific research: Scholarship that advances medical knowledge; can include basic science or clinical research.
– QI/High value care: Scholarship that improves care delivery by increasing quality of care or reducing unnecessary costs.
– Medical education: Scholarship that describes an innovation or improvement in how we teach the practice of medicine.
|#||First Name||Last Name||Abstract Title||Presentation Link||Poster|
|1||Rabia||Sarwar||A Curriculum to Increase Resident Scholarly Activity||https://youtu.be/Y3sqUt2aoCU||Poster|
|Effect of Positive End Expiratory Pressure and incidence of post-operative pulmonary complications and hospital mortality in obese patients: systematic review and meta-analysis||https://youtu.be/TKqpbYxgJsI||Poster|
|Barriers to Research Facing Health Professional Students During the COVID-19 Pandemic||https://youtu.be/sfKSnCZBB3g||Poster|
|4||Erica||Qiao||Memantine Overdose: Recreational Supplementation resulting in Altered Mental Status||https://youtu.be/2wn4xtf6oHY||Poster|
|**5||Sarah||Zubair||Improving Colorectal Cancer screening rates using FIT kits||https://youtu.be/8oFfuzcQmww||Poster|
|6||Samuel||Eglin||Screening for Mixed Etiology Pleural Effusion using Point of Care Ultrasound||https://youtu.be/OkfavlUsS9c||Poster|
|**WINNER||Hao||Tong||Care for Patients Receiving Comfort Measures Only: Experiences of Bedside Nurses||https://youtu.be/r9ymiFxvClM||Poster|
|8||Pierce||Claassen||Examining Clinical Presentation and Workup of Veterans with Irritable Bowel Syndrome in a Single Medical Center||https://youtu.be/r9ymiFxvClM||Poster|
**Top 3 submissions. The top 3 posters will be showcased at the event. Winners will be announced live.